Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Hope



HOPE

Copyright Skye Ryan-Evans 2007


(A lone Mountain Gorilla with view of the Virunga Volcanic range behind (Congo)



( Above) "HOPE" A closer look

This digital artwork is a tribute to the plight of the severely endangered Mountain Gorillas of the Congo, Rwanda and Uganda. It was created to celebrate the hope that surrounds the survival of these magnificent creatures during a time of devastating political unrest. These animals are caught in the crossfire of a human conflict and have been used to make political statements by being murdered. These innocents need our help!
~Skye Ryan - Evans (rusticmooncrafts)

1 comment:

Lisa Hickey said...

I am in tears over this one. It is gorgeous. To me, even though he is gone now, Bilali's son will always represent "Hope" to me and the image of her kissing and sleeping with him will never leave me. I would absolutely love to have this piece. Lisa, California