Thursday, August 16, 2007

Gorilla Art - It Begins!

I'm one of the artists in this great group that has rallied to Robin's call for help. I wasn't aware of the slaughter of members of the Rugendo gorilla family until I saw Robin's post in one of the eBay artists' groups. I'm saddened by the loss of these wonderful animals and the impact it must have upon the remaining members of the family.

Just thought I'd check in and post one of the drawings I've created for the upcoming auction. Although this is not one of the Rugendo gorillas, it's a portrait that I hope captures the intelligence and beauty of these apes that so desperately need our help.

Gorilla Gaze #1 - ACEO scratchboard drawing by Ann Ranlett
The drawing is on black scratchboard and it's ACEO format (a standard miniature art size that's always 2.5" x 3.5").

Thanks for reading our blog and for any support you can offer!

-Ann Ranlett (eBay id: drawdog5)

No comments: